Monday, November 18, 2013

The American Dream

I agree completely with Estefany’s article concerning “The American Dream” for many immigrants. Even though I was fortunate enough to be born in this country not every one has that luck, like my family. Even though I didn’t struggle personally, I did see some consequences the “American Dream” had. My family spent a lot of years not being able to visit their loved ones, which for them was a big burden. My dad worked two jobs earning minimum wage in order for us to live a better life than we would in Mexico. Having a better life is one of the main reasons a lot of people, not just from Mexico, decide to migrate to an unknown land hoping for the best. Just like Estefany said in her article, immigrants don’t come and “steal” the jobs away. Rather they are taking the jobs that the citizens don’t want or refuse to take, like jobs in agriculture and other hard-labor jobs. From the beginning of this country’s history, the only thing that immigrants want is a better life for themselves and their families. Hopefully one day not far from today, Congress passes an immigration law that helps many immigrants fulfill their dream

No comments:

Post a Comment